Skip to main content

Why?

Why is it that being on a diet makes you want the stuff you're not supposed to have even more? I swear, I would pay $30 for a package of oreo's right now. All the good stuff is never on the diet list.

Take bread. MMmmmmmm bread. So good -----toasted, with garlic butter, with mayo and tomatoes on it, jam, peanut butter, hot and fresh out of the oven --- it is just good in any form. I could go on and on about all the good things that can be done with bread. I know we're told that man can not live on bread alone but, really, this girl could.

I'm not a big candy person --- you know, the varieties that get passed out at Halloween? Don't really care for it. Especially hard candies. One year, my bag of half distributed candy waited until the next October to be given away. (seriously, it is sugar, it doesn't go bad.) With that being said, let's talk about cake. Chocolate cake with fudge chocolate frosting, to be specific. It is soo good. I can rarely pass it up. I would rather have a piece of cake than a candy bar any day of the week.

I often ask myself "Why could I not have been one of those people who have a metabolism that runs at mach 10, 24/7 ?" It really would have saved me a lot of trouble and stress over the years and I would be able to eat all the bread and cake I want. Anywho....... didn't happen.

So, I eat the good stuff that I am supposed to and watch for fat content and preservatives, and hormones and all that other stuff. I am quite knowledgeable in this area, actually. It has served me well over the years and allowed me to pretty much maintain my size as the years have passed and as my metabolism becomes the slow stock market crawl ticking across the bottom of my life.

That really doesn't matter though ---------

Cuz people ---- I JUST WANT TO EAT CAKE!!!

Comments

Jen said…
I'm so with you! I could TOTALLY live on bread alone. I've passed this on to my children as well. Their favorite thing is fresh, hot, homemade rolls. In January, I decided to change the way I eat so I can finally lose the extra weight from my 4 pregnancies (my baby is almost 5!) And I HATE IT! I'm SO not a dieter. Give me cake, bread, cookies... I really wish those carbs would knock my pounds off, instead of putting them back on! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Lightbulb Moment

Today, I realized something ---- I'm a busy girl. Work a 45+ hour a week job. I am a student and spend six hours sitting in class per week. I also work a second job, where I spend about 6 - 10 hours per week. Some days I am gone from my home for 14 hours. This however, is not the revelation. I hope we've all previously established that I'm not that dense. :) It doesn't matter how much homework I have to complete or how much homework I have to grade or if I'm home by 3:30 or if I don't get home until 8:30. Everything that I do, every place I have to be, every hour I have to spend away from home, I am glad and grateful to be there. I love being a teacher. I enjoy spending time working at RCW. I am grateful for the opportunity to go to school, which allows me to be a teacher now, and not later. I love spending any spare time I have with my family and friends, especially my nieces and nephews. (I am really great at pretending to be Bumblebee to three-year ...

Oh, What to Do in the Summertime....

Three weeks left. I have three weeks to finish writing my senior thesis and the end has officially come. Life has been full these past three months. Of course I "graduated." I had the whole ceremony and stuff. Once I finish my thesis then I'll be official. It was really an amazing day. Such a feeling of accomplishment it felt a little surreal in many ways. Trying to cram in almost four years of school into two years will make you a a little crazy but, I survived.....and I never thought I would really make it. All of my sisters came, which meant so much that they were there to support me. There have been so many family functions and things that I have missed over the past two years because I had class or had to do my home work. I'm a lucky girl to have such a great relationship with my siblings. Here we all are: I have been looking for jobs and stuff. There is nothing out there. The couple leads I did have did not go in my favor. It begs the question - why ...

Time.

What I don't have a lot of. Major life changes have taken place in the last several months. First and foremost - I am now teaching at Syracuse High. I was offered a job on the spot to teach special ed math the day after school had already started back in August. It all happened pretty fast that I didn't really think about it, I just accepted. I went to work on a Tuesday, let them know I had just accepted a teaching job and was teaching school on Friday. So...... I am now teaching special ed math, going to to school on Monday and Wednesday nights to get a special ed endorsement so I can legally TEACH special ed, working at the Willey on Tuesday and Thursday nights, doing homework, driving A LOT, and trying to make sure friends and family don't think I've fallen off the face of the earth. It's all good. Difficult and tiring but, good. So much for thinking my life would get less busy and easier once I graduated. I wanted to do other things. I thought this was the...