Skip to main content

Oh, What to Do in the Summertime....

Three weeks left. I have three weeks to finish writing my senior thesis and the end has officially come.

Life has been full these past three months. Of course I "graduated." I had the whole ceremony and stuff. Once I finish my thesis then I'll be official. It was really an amazing day. Such a feeling of accomplishment it felt a little surreal in many ways. Trying to cram in almost four years of school into two years will make you a a little crazy but, I survived.....and I never thought I would really make it.

All of my sisters came, which meant so much that they were there to support me. There have been so many family functions and things that I have missed over the past two years because I had class or had to do my home work. I'm a lucky girl to have such a great relationship with my siblings.

Here we all are:

I have been looking for jobs and stuff. There is nothing out there. The couple leads I did have did not go in my favor. It begs the question - why do things not work out the way you expect them to when you have worked so hard for a certain outcome? I surmise that there is something greater that I am supposed to do and I am just trying to figure it all out.
Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith.

Comments

Jen said…
How fun to see a picture of all your sisters! The older two still look pretty much the same to me, but those younger two. Wow! Time changes things. They are all grown up and everything. (Of course, I guess we did a little growing up too.) Congratulations on such a great accomplishment!
Joanna said…
i am so proud of you! You could always look in NY for a job :)
Becca Hatch said…
Congratulations! What did you get your degree in? Don't worry- the job issues have a way of working out.

Popular posts from this blog

Lightbulb Moment

Today, I realized something ---- I'm a busy girl. Work a 45+ hour a week job. I am a student and spend six hours sitting in class per week. I also work a second job, where I spend about 6 - 10 hours per week. Some days I am gone from my home for 14 hours. This however, is not the revelation. I hope we've all previously established that I'm not that dense. :) It doesn't matter how much homework I have to complete or how much homework I have to grade or if I'm home by 3:30 or if I don't get home until 8:30. Everything that I do, every place I have to be, every hour I have to spend away from home, I am glad and grateful to be there. I love being a teacher. I enjoy spending time working at RCW. I am grateful for the opportunity to go to school, which allows me to be a teacher now, and not later. I love spending any spare time I have with my family and friends, especially my nieces and nephews. (I am really great at pretending to be Bumblebee to three-year ...

Time.

What I don't have a lot of. Major life changes have taken place in the last several months. First and foremost - I am now teaching at Syracuse High. I was offered a job on the spot to teach special ed math the day after school had already started back in August. It all happened pretty fast that I didn't really think about it, I just accepted. I went to work on a Tuesday, let them know I had just accepted a teaching job and was teaching school on Friday. So...... I am now teaching special ed math, going to to school on Monday and Wednesday nights to get a special ed endorsement so I can legally TEACH special ed, working at the Willey on Tuesday and Thursday nights, doing homework, driving A LOT, and trying to make sure friends and family don't think I've fallen off the face of the earth. It's all good. Difficult and tiring but, good. So much for thinking my life would get less busy and easier once I graduated. I wanted to do other things. I thought this was the...