Skip to main content

Checking In


Well, the germ infestation that is your local high school has done it to me. I'm sick. I feel like I've been hit by a train. I have slept 26 hours since Thursday afternoon. I guess I didn't use enough hand sanitizer.
Besides this, things are going well. I love teaching and the students are really great. It is difficult to get everything done that I need to. I'm a bit Type A so my lesson preparation seems to take forever. I can't be teaching US History and be giving out false information.
I did end up dropping a class - the thought of writing my senior thesis along with everything else was a bit much. I'll have to do it in the summer but, it is better to keep my sanity now - it will be worth the tuition I will have to pay to take that class.
And the sunflower....well, it's to add a little sunshine to the dreary winter. I'm sick of the cold and the gray skies and thick air. I'm ready for Spring.
Happy February to all.

Comments

Joanna said…
I am sorry you are sick! I am glad the teaching is going well. What grade is it again?
Jen said…
Oh man! That stinks to be sick. I'm just getting over a nasty sinus-y thing. It knocked me out! Not sure where I picked it up, though. My kids haven't even been sick. Hope you get feeling better!
Linda said…
Hey Sherry, checked out your Facebook (I don't really get it too well so far either, but love to blog) You will have to check us out!

Popular posts from this blog

Lightbulb Moment

Today, I realized something ---- I'm a busy girl. Work a 45+ hour a week job. I am a student and spend six hours sitting in class per week. I also work a second job, where I spend about 6 - 10 hours per week. Some days I am gone from my home for 14 hours. This however, is not the revelation. I hope we've all previously established that I'm not that dense. :) It doesn't matter how much homework I have to complete or how much homework I have to grade or if I'm home by 3:30 or if I don't get home until 8:30. Everything that I do, every place I have to be, every hour I have to spend away from home, I am glad and grateful to be there. I love being a teacher. I enjoy spending time working at RCW. I am grateful for the opportunity to go to school, which allows me to be a teacher now, and not later. I love spending any spare time I have with my family and friends, especially my nieces and nephews. (I am really great at pretending to be Bumblebee to three-year ...

Oh, What to Do in the Summertime....

Three weeks left. I have three weeks to finish writing my senior thesis and the end has officially come. Life has been full these past three months. Of course I "graduated." I had the whole ceremony and stuff. Once I finish my thesis then I'll be official. It was really an amazing day. Such a feeling of accomplishment it felt a little surreal in many ways. Trying to cram in almost four years of school into two years will make you a a little crazy but, I survived.....and I never thought I would really make it. All of my sisters came, which meant so much that they were there to support me. There have been so many family functions and things that I have missed over the past two years because I had class or had to do my home work. I'm a lucky girl to have such a great relationship with my siblings. Here we all are: I have been looking for jobs and stuff. There is nothing out there. The couple leads I did have did not go in my favor. It begs the question - why ...

Time.

What I don't have a lot of. Major life changes have taken place in the last several months. First and foremost - I am now teaching at Syracuse High. I was offered a job on the spot to teach special ed math the day after school had already started back in August. It all happened pretty fast that I didn't really think about it, I just accepted. I went to work on a Tuesday, let them know I had just accepted a teaching job and was teaching school on Friday. So...... I am now teaching special ed math, going to to school on Monday and Wednesday nights to get a special ed endorsement so I can legally TEACH special ed, working at the Willey on Tuesday and Thursday nights, doing homework, driving A LOT, and trying to make sure friends and family don't think I've fallen off the face of the earth. It's all good. Difficult and tiring but, good. So much for thinking my life would get less busy and easier once I graduated. I wanted to do other things. I thought this was the...