Skip to main content

Camping

Last weekend, we went camping. Well, camping is a relative term for me. I went up Saturday evening, spent the night in the back of my sister's car on an air mattress and came home Sunday afternoon. It was a ton of fun. I would have stayed longer had I not had an assignment due the next day that I hadn't even started.
My three sisters, that are married, each have a two year old. There is only a seven month span between the time Eli was born, then six months later came Ava and then seven weeks after that Ben rounded out the three. I would like to take this moment to mention --- I got in a car and drove to Canada a few years ago with these three pregnant women. Anywho, these three little ones crack me up. Trying to get a picture with them is impossible. Just getting them to look at you at the same time is a feat.The looks on their faces.....they thought I was crazy. I just love these little people. Being an Auntie has to be one of the greatest things ever.

Comments

Taylor's mom said…
What cute pictures. I'm so impressed you bonded with nature! Where did you go?
Joanna said…
we LOVE camping. I LOVE camping in a cabin with a bed and toilet. Being an aunt is the best. I really got to know my neices and nephews this winter and it is HARD being so far away from them. It looks like you had fun.
Anonymous said…
i hate camping (sorry Joanna!) so I'm proud of you for leaving early!:) I miss you!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Lightbulb Moment

Today, I realized something ---- I'm a busy girl. Work a 45+ hour a week job. I am a student and spend six hours sitting in class per week. I also work a second job, where I spend about 6 - 10 hours per week. Some days I am gone from my home for 14 hours. This however, is not the revelation. I hope we've all previously established that I'm not that dense. :) It doesn't matter how much homework I have to complete or how much homework I have to grade or if I'm home by 3:30 or if I don't get home until 8:30. Everything that I do, every place I have to be, every hour I have to spend away from home, I am glad and grateful to be there. I love being a teacher. I enjoy spending time working at RCW. I am grateful for the opportunity to go to school, which allows me to be a teacher now, and not later. I love spending any spare time I have with my family and friends, especially my nieces and nephews. (I am really great at pretending to be Bumblebee to three-year ...

Oh, What to Do in the Summertime....

Three weeks left. I have three weeks to finish writing my senior thesis and the end has officially come. Life has been full these past three months. Of course I "graduated." I had the whole ceremony and stuff. Once I finish my thesis then I'll be official. It was really an amazing day. Such a feeling of accomplishment it felt a little surreal in many ways. Trying to cram in almost four years of school into two years will make you a a little crazy but, I survived.....and I never thought I would really make it. All of my sisters came, which meant so much that they were there to support me. There have been so many family functions and things that I have missed over the past two years because I had class or had to do my home work. I'm a lucky girl to have such a great relationship with my siblings. Here we all are: I have been looking for jobs and stuff. There is nothing out there. The couple leads I did have did not go in my favor. It begs the question - why ...

Time.

What I don't have a lot of. Major life changes have taken place in the last several months. First and foremost - I am now teaching at Syracuse High. I was offered a job on the spot to teach special ed math the day after school had already started back in August. It all happened pretty fast that I didn't really think about it, I just accepted. I went to work on a Tuesday, let them know I had just accepted a teaching job and was teaching school on Friday. So...... I am now teaching special ed math, going to to school on Monday and Wednesday nights to get a special ed endorsement so I can legally TEACH special ed, working at the Willey on Tuesday and Thursday nights, doing homework, driving A LOT, and trying to make sure friends and family don't think I've fallen off the face of the earth. It's all good. Difficult and tiring but, good. So much for thinking my life would get less busy and easier once I graduated. I wanted to do other things. I thought this was the...